This page has resources related to the whole Fluent / Ribbon user interface thing that happened from 2007 to 2009,10,11,12…
General UI Related posts:
- The Story of the a Ribbon – Links to the full story from Microsoft’s Office UI team.
- Is the Office 2007 Ribbon the new User Interface standard?
- I LOVE "THE RIBBON", do you? – What is the Fluent UI, why do I like it?
- Ribbon Hero! A Microsoft Office game from Office Labs
- Steve interviews the man behind the AutoCAD Ribbon
- Time flies, it’s Autodesk 2009! – AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture
- AutoCAD Architecture 2010 - A fresh new look tied with a ribbon – Detailed look at the ACA 2010 Update
- The Revit 2010 Ribbon Development Process – 4 minute video from the Revit Team
- David and the (AutoCAD Architecture 2010) Ribbon – Links to David Koch’s excellent series on the ACA UI
- Autodesk Design Review 2010 - I'm loving this Ribbon
- My Revit User Group "Ribbonisation" presentation (Includes Fluent UI related Blog links)
- SnagIt 9 - the ribbon edition!
- The magnificent 7! - Life with MindManager 7 - Microsoft developed it for Office 2007 and Mindjet’s implementation is very slick.
- MindManager Pro 7 Ribbon vs Toolbars, which uses less screen real estate?
- The best Office 2007 Fluent User Interface feature? It's not just Microsoft!
- A Windows 8 Explorer tip for Windows 7 & Vista users
I love the ribbon shirt, the Use2009UI=1 revenge (Click for full post)
I had an idea for an anti use2009UI=1 shirt and scribbled this (right) on Sketchbook Mobile. I knew I would see Phil at AU so a SnagIt of the real ribbon and bit of CorelDraw’ing later resulted in:
I presented a shirt to Phil to wear with pride, or otherwise as he likes, but didn’t get a photo. Fortunately I corrected omission that last week a bit closer to home. Maybe I should follow Phil into the T Shirt business but for now there are only a few of these. I know one made it “Inside The Factory”!
Want your own “Love the ribbon”?
Due to popular demand, ok a few requests, these are available at RobiNZ Blog Store. Any profits from these sales will go to RobiNZ Blog Kiva Micro Fund Lending Team.
NOTE: As I don’t have rights to reproduce a real product ribbon the CafePress image has a brand less generic ribbon in the arrow portion.