Wow, seems like more like a new version than a “point upgrade”. Searchable video (based on speech to text transcript) should make video help much more flexible. Downloading now!
Always more than a simple screen recorder, Camtasia Studio will help you generate sophisticated, effective screencasts—faster, easier, and with more consistency.
- Enhanced Captioning Support : Easily create 508 compliant closed and open captions, and help viewers with hearing disabilities or language barriers better understand the content in your video.
- Speech-to-Text Transcription : By utilizing Windows Speech Recognition, Camtasia Studio can automatically turn what you say into captions! You can fix anything missed in the transcription. And the more you use it, the better it gets!
- Import/Export Captioning Files : Now you can export your audio and get it transcribed into a caption file, then import the transcription back into your video. It’s perfect if you ever need to translate your captions and localize your videos.
- Create Searchable Video : Produce videos in Flash or send to Screencast.com and let your viewers jump directly to the content they need! All it takes is a quick search of a word or phrase the presenter said or displayed on a slide in the presentation.
- Integration with Camtasia Relay : Harness the editing power of Camtasia Studio in Camtasia Relay! Edit Camtasia Relay videos in Camtasia Studio, then send back to Camtasia Relay for distribution. They play nicely together so your content flows seamlessly from one Camtasia to another.
- iPad Output : Produce your Camtasia Studio videos for the iPad with a brand new iPad production preset. Your viewers will thank you while they watch in high-quality, on-the-go.
- 64-bit Codec Support : With both a 32-bit and 64-bit TSCC codec in Camtasia Studio, you’ll be able to export your recording files to a wider range of 3rd party applications, and keep the high-quality look you love.
Already using Camtasia Studio 7? If so, these great features are free for you! The next time you start Camtasia Studio, you'll be prompted to upgrade.
On an older version? Upgrade and get all the new features of 7.0 and 7.1.
See Techsmith in Disclosure