I know about 5% of my subscribers use RSS Bandit so thought should share an annoying Feedlist bug in the current release. I found this in the beta but thought it had been fixed but it appears it hasn’t.
One of the main reasons I like RSS Bandit is it’s not a web based application, dependent on one provider, but does allow the feedlist and read-state to be synchronised on different machines.
Today I updated the Autodesk Discussion Group Feedlist Categories & Titles, to match the new 2008 naming, then uploaded the feedlist to my USB drive.
For example I renamed the Category ABS to AutoCAD MEP, the feed ABS to AMEP, plus added the AMEP Wishes feed.
Once home I downloaded the feedlist but found that the new naming & structure was not honoured. It does not cause any loss of data, the feeds and read states were there, but the name changes had not transferred .
I found the only way to get the new structure (it’s in the upload file) is a bit drastic:
- Right Click on “My Feeds”
- Then “Delete all feeds”,
- Then Download the new list.
That’s fine, but you may find some show old previously read posts showing un-read. I just ignore them until the next “Mark as read” clears them up.