One reason to prefer object based Architectural Desktop over line, arc, circle, hatch CAD;
- Devise a new display grouping scheme for area spaces…
- In the library;
- Add a style based property to spaces defining the new display groups.
- Create a Display Theme to look at that group property definition and re-colour existing objects.
- Take seven years of legacy files created with areas defined as styled AEC Space objects:
- Add the Display Theme
- Synchronise to update the existing space objects with the library.
Seven years of legacy plans display the new scheme with no redrawing, no new or duplicated objects, no layers. Priceless!
Even better: If it changes… edit the library, re-synchronise and it’s updated!
Below shows a theme re-colouring spaces based on area. Themes are applied to a viewport and change the display of objects in the viewport which have the property and value specified. This could be a number, range, text or other value depending on your requirements. Disable the theme and the base object style is displayed again.