Thanks to a post by Jithen I’ve signed up for a Microsoft 2007 Technical Briefing Session (Auckland, March 7). It’s not “Tech-Ed” but should be interesting to catch up with their take on Vista, Office, Application platforms and Network Management tools. It’s not really “my world” * so If you are in/around the sessions below and see a lost/baffled CAD Blogger say hello!
- Keynote: The Next Wave has arrived, but why should you care?
- Almost everything you need to know about Windows Vista deployment
- Virtualisation on the Microsoft platform
- Application Lifecycle Management clinic
- Platform Building: "composite" applications
- Overview of Management Tools
* I think the last Windows event I attended was the Windows ME launch. Didn’t really work as my computers went from 98/NT to XP. I do remember the Windows 95 Launch as Bill Gates made the trek to New Zealand, speaking to thousands in a packed Aotea Centre Theatre. That was more about “PR buzz” rather than a technical briefing but it will be interesting to see how these “real geek events” compare to the “CAD geek events” I’m more used to attending!