Using product names on your blog means re-branding presents some challenges. Do you change to the new name or keep the one most people know. Luckily it doesn’t impact my Blog title or URL but I’ve revised some blog categories (indexes) to reflect recent name changes:
- Architectural Desktop changes to AutoCAD Architecture
- Revit changes to Revit Architecture
- Building Systems changes to AutoCAD MEP
- Auckland AutoCAD User Group now Auckland Autodesk User Group
- I’ve added Revit Structure and Revit MEP but will need to re-index some posts into these categories.
It won’t alter post permalinks and TypePad retains the old category URL. It might say AutoCAD Architecture but TypePad will always know it as ../architectural_desktop/index.html. Seems like some names will never die
These changes shouldn't break anything but if you have any problems let me know.