- 8:00am Building Solutions Industry Main Stage
- 10:00am Techniques for Managing Large Projects in Autodesk® Revit® Building
- 1:00pm Not Your Dad's CAD: Phasing and Design Options with Autodesk® Revit® Building
- 3:00pm Networking AutoCAD® Beyond Z
- 5:00pm CAD Managers Toolkit for Knowledge Management Evaluations
- 8:00pm Industry Reception
The Building Mainstage featured ADT and Revit Building, Structure and much talk of BIM Analysis for Green Building certification. Nothing dramatic in terms of new product/features. The current Revit rendering, limitations of accurender, featured in the Q&A but no commitment when that may improve although Max linking was shown.
James Van's (SOM) session on Managing Large Revit projects was very interesting. He is the first person I've seen here present without Powerpoint as he rapidly switched to MindManager. Very cool to see MindManager used to an audience that, it seemed, hadn't seen it before.
Just came out of Beau Turner's session on Revit, Not your Dads CAD. I was a little late getting there & found out the "Sold Out" Sticker was no lie. The large room (500 seat?) was packed with many, including me, left standing, sitting, crouching around the sides. Still it was worth it for a interesting introduction to use of Phasing and Design Options in Revit.
I also got to meet Mark T from AVT RetailFOCUS which was great. He was visiting AU for the day and I last saw him in Orlando at the AVT user conference in Feb. Tonight its the "industry receptions".
Typos removed & photos added 09–12–2006