The Visual Lounge (the TechSmith Blog) have a great series of Camtasia demos: “30 Videos In 30 Days” – post
#14 #18 of 30 as I write. Each one features tips & techniques for using Camtasia. Some are “blog’vertorial” as preview features in Camtasia 4 which is due for release soon.
I’ve used Camtasia since version 2 but more as a tool for documentation than demonstration. I got it to record use of a custom ADT add-on I commissioned. It was handy to send demos of how the code was working when collaborating with the developer. A picture may be worth a thousand words but those short videos saved a thousand emails. It’s also a nice way to report tech problems & I’ve had support technicians comment how much they help with diagnosing faults.
Recently I’ve started to record presentations & find that a really nice use. It was fortunate this coincided with the “30 Videos…” series as they have been a great help!
The Visual Lounge
The "Behind the Scenes" Blog of TechSmith
Find out about TechSmith behind-the-scenes, see screen casts and videos from other customers, meet up with your fellow TechSmith users and staff, and get more tips and tricks!
There is no category or tag index system on the TechSmith “Blog” so I’ve compiled links to the series & will add the others as they arrive.
- Camtasia demos: “30 Videos In 30 Days”
- Inspired by Nick Hodges - 30 videos in 30 days...
- Video #2 of 30 - Vista Videos with Camtasia Studio
- Video #3 of 30 - Sizer
- Video #4 of 30 - Using Screendraw
- Video #5 of 30 - Recording PowerPoint
- Video #6 - Recording a Video of a Video
- Video #7 of 30 - Precision Editing with Camtasia Studio
- Video 8 of 30 - Precision Editing, Part 2
- Video #9 and #10 - Camtasia Studio 4.0 Sneak Peek
- Video #11 of 30 - Noise Reduction in Camtasia Studio 4
- Video #12 of 30 - Get the most out of your recordings
- Video #13 of 30 - Camtasia Studio 4, Share and share alike...
- Video #14 of 30 - Looking good on stage...
- Video #15 and 16 of 30...PowerPoint, hot spots, and cold spots...oh my!
- Video #17 of 30 - New Camtasia Studio 4 feature...Production Preview
- Video #18 of 30 - Camtasia Studio meets the iPod
- Video #19 and 20 - Consistent Audio and Custom Production Settings in Camtasia Studio 4
- Video #21 of 30 - Quizzes and Surveys in Camtasia Studio 4
- Video #22 of 30 - Podcasting, iPod video, Screencasting and more with Camtasia Studio 4
- Video #23 of 30 - Reusing Video Segments in Camtasia Studio
Video #24 of 30 - Customized Web Menus with Camtasia Video #25 of 30 - Working with PIP in Camtasia Studio Video #26 and #27 - Table of Contents and Smoother Demos Video #28 and 29 of 30 - Closed Captioning and What's Fixed and New in Camtasia Studio Video #30 of 30...Creating custom Flash Preloaders Video #31 of 30 - Bonus Camtasia Video. Hack your Table of Contents – We had so much fun with the 30 videos in 30 days series, that we couldn't stop. So, you get a bonus video!