A trip to Antarctica via Argentina, returning via Iguazu Falls.
Planning and Why?
- Antarctic Mission–A travel itinerary of movie soundtracks and a podcast hero?
- Auckland Antarctic Science Meetup | I joined this to learn a bit more before travelling. Some brilliant talks, movies and presentations
- Adventure Books Oamaru and Shackleton Connection | Antarctic books galore
Trip Posts (to come):
- Auckland to Buenos Aires
- Buenos Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
- Day 1 | Embark Ushuaia
- Day 2-3 | Cross the Drake Passage - path of the polar explorers
- Day 4-9 | Antarctic Peninsula Basecamp
- Day 10-11 | Drake Passage Return
- Day 12 | Disembark Ushuaia
Buenos Aires (3 Days):
Iguazu Falls (4 Days):
- Karl Kruszelnicki (Dr Karl) | Wikipedia
- Antarctic Cruise with Doctor Karl | World Expeditions
- The Amaz!ng Meeting Australia 2010 (Sydney) #TAMOz
- Dr Karl Kruszelnicki’s inspiring conversation with Richard Fidler
Antarctic NZ History:
- "Theme from Antarctica". From the original score of Koreyoshi Kurahara's film "Antarctica". Composed in 1983 by Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou (Vangelis).
- Roland Joffe’s film The Mission, about the experiences of a Jesuit missionary in 18th-century South America, featured Ennio Morricone’s original score and memorable scenes shot around the Iguazu Falls.
- TEDx 2015 Auckland | Steve Pointing is Professor of Applied Ecology at AUT and for over a decade has led an astrobiology research team collaborating with NASA. Studies extremophiles in Antarctica, NZ, Tibet.