I see a lot of cars on my commute but a few recent ones have stood out:
- Ferrari F40: Yes a real one, in West Auckland no less. At first sight I wondered if it was a kit, one of those MR2s in drag maybe?, but no doubting it was genuine as it went past. The sound of a Ferrari V8 is rather distinctive.
- Mercedes SLS: The first time I’ve seen one on the road. Might have been more impressive if it wasn’t the same day I saw the F40
- Ferrari Testarossa: There are a quite few in New Zealand but not many bright yellow!*
- Lancia Delta Integrale: Again seen in the West, so much for the V8 stereotype, and again quite rare here.
All of those were trumped by the rarest of all. A Lancia Coupe Volumex isn’t the most expensive, nor the most exotic, but I doubt there are many in good condition left on the road. The one I saw was neat, tidy but didn’t look “restored” making it a very special beast indeed.
* I have seen a yellow Ferrari Boxer (below). Again not common here, or anywhere!