If people bother talking about service from a local body it’s usually to complain about poor service, delays etc.
I thought I’d lost, or not got, a water rate bill. Looking at my Quicken records over the years I’d previously paid it in May or June. Since I’ve been overseas I suspected it was missing in action or had been accidentally binned;
- On 14 May 2008 at 00:44* I e-mailed Waitakere City Council, via their website, asking for the amount/date owing or for a copy of the invoice to be posted.
- At 01:00 Joy from Customer services responded saying my query would be forwarded to “EcoWater Billing”.
- At 01:01 it was (I saw that from their subsequent reply).
- At 08:04 Althea of EcoWater responded saying the invoice had not yet been sent, it was going out this week, with the amount & due date.
So in less than 8 hours, most of which were “out of normal office hours”, it was resolved. OK, it was going to result in them getting my money but good service is good service. Thanks Joy & Althea at Waitakere City!
* Yes, that’s after midnight, a good time for Internet banking!