Earl is coming back to live in New Zealand. That means organising all manner of things, including a mobile phone. His experience with Vodaphone is not encouraging…
A Networked World: A Broken System
There are days when I really believe that businesses really don't want my money. This beggars belief…
[Vodaphone] You have to tell me what kind of prepay
I DON'T KNOW, your branding is of NO INTEREST TO ME.
[Vodaphone] When does your wife get home?
Not till AFTER you have closed up for the day, there's a 2 hour time difference between here and there.
[Vodaphone] Well then you need to call 777 and navigate through the menu to find out what kind of account you have then call me back and tell me.
BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT
[Vodaphone] Yes but its a SECURITY question
YES, BUT YOU JUST TOLD ME HOW TO HACK YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM!!!!!!! So its not REALLY a security system IS IT?
[Vodaphone] Yes but I need you answer 2 SECURITY questions before I can tell you anything.
Reminds me of Brazil, a favourite film:
- Sam Lowry: Excuse me, Dawson, can you put me through to Mr. Helpmann's office?
- Dawson: I'm afraid I can't sir. You have to go through the proper channels.
- Sam Lowry: And you can't tell me what the proper channels are, because that's classified information?
- Dawson: I'm glad to see the Ministry's continuing its tradition of recruiting the brightest and best, sir.
- Sam Lowry: Thank you, Dawson.
Welcome back Earl!