So, the waterfront stadium will be;
- Sited without consultation (token blackmail laden consultation doesn’t count)
- Mr Mallard said the Government could not proceed without Auckland's backing and gave the Auckland City and regional councils until November 24 to agree on their preference.
"If you can't get unanimity in Auckland, you get Jade," Mr Mallard said.
- Designed without competition? Was there one?
- Subject to special status through planning, urban design & resource consent. i.e ignore or legislate around it.*
- “It says it will draw up a draft resource consent to go to a select committee for public hearings. Once passed into law, the consent could not be appealed.”
- From what we’ve seen to date, with the platform, awarded to the builder without tender
- “The Government has already picked Fletchers - without calling for competitive tenders - to build the pile and concrete-pad platform on what Mr Binns called an "open-book, cost-reimbursable, all-auditable basis".
Is this how to run a $500 million, which will end up being $750–1,000 million, public project?
* Why can’t roads be built this way?